Friday, April 30, 2010

The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

This eleven minute song from Traffic is a classic. Not exactly a rocker it is a slow, jazzy number from Traffic when they were at their creative peak. Steve Winwood, probably a little underrated in rock history had a sweet voice. Earlier I have commented on this songs with Blind Faith.

Every week or two I add a playlist to my 14 year old son's IPOD so that he can explore music he has not been exposed too. Remarkably while not all of the music I send his way becomes music he enjoys much if it does. Music appears to be the one thing that he actually thinks I know something about.

In this recent list I gave him this song appears. I have my doubts if he can appreciate it. He loves Bruce, Petty and The Who. Traffic might be a little too artsy for him but we shall see. He did love Dark Side of the Moon

Dear Mr Fantasy, John Barleycorn must die and this song. if you need a Traffic three play those would be what I would suggest. But, you will not exactly tap you foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment