Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jack Hanna on David Letterman


I have written on this subject before but have to again. I have had a hard couple of days. Not feeling well and frustrated with the constant issues with my health.

Last night however I woke my wife up laughing between 1130 and 1230. Why? Jack Hanna was on David Letterman. This never fails to make me smile. My wife does not really get it, she thinks that Mr. Hanna might be a little loopy.

For me the interplay between the two is like watching a vaudeville team. Letterman needles Hanna, asking him dumb questions while Hanna attempts to handle wild cats or birds. For me it is one of the funniest things on television.

Hanna, either in character or actuality really is funny. Befuddled is a word that constantly comes to mind in describing him. Last night he said in an exasperated voice to Dave " I can't know everything about every kind of animal out here when I bring out ten animals. " In itself that is funny, he is after all Jungle Jack Hanna, shouldn't he know.

Then when it seems Hanna is ready to snap in frustration Dave says something comparing the use of the camel in cultures where it is prevalent with the many uses the American Indians had for the buffalo and Hanna's jaw drops and says "Dave that is a very powerful statement."

Some things as my Mom used to say " just tickle your funny-bone." For me Jack Hanna and David Letterman together are can't miss television.

No comments:

Post a Comment