Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Henry Clay by David and Jean Heidler

Sometimes there are too many books. Sometimes I get too exuberant even for me. With about 8 books going, three of which are from our local library, and with the summer arriving with all the busy family activities to come Henry Clay has fallen by the wayside. With that and a biography of George Wallace competing for spare reading moments I made the decision to stick with Wallace and stop Clay inside of 100 pages.

Still Clay is a very significant historical figure, by many standards one of if not the greatest United States Senator of all time. I learned for example that Clay was the first person to lie in state in the Capital upon his death. Truly a very significant historical figure.

I am sure this is a book I will finish at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment