Thursday, July 26, 2012

Game of Thrones Season Two



A couple of months ago when the second season of Game of Thrones was airing I wrote here that I was not pleased with the second season. As the story proceeds and many multiple story lines are moving along I found it hard to follow.

Simply put I was premature in my criticism. Over the last couple of weeks my wife and I have watched the last seven episodes of Season Two, we had them tivoed, and the show has been stunning. I have come to the resolution that this is not a show that I can watch once a week, it just has too much going on.

In the future my plan will be to watch all 12 episodes in a short period.

So much is going on it is really not possible to write about it. With seven different people vieing for the throne nothing is close to being resolved.

Some highlights and things to look forward to. The sitting King Jaffrey, product of his mother and uncle's illicit romance has turned into the character you most want to see get his comeuppance. Peter Dinklage as the King's dwarf uncle is perhaps the most complex and likable character in the show.

We have the North Guard the keepers of the wall, Stark's bastard son John Snow is part of the guard and now on a mission beyond the wall chasing wildlings.

We have the dragon lady with her three young dragons which she birthed in fire at the end of Season 1.

As the last episode of Season Two ends we finally see The White Walkers everyone talks about. They do exist and they are on the move.

Bring on Season Three. I still wish they would cut back on the sex that in most places is extremely gratuitous. However this might be the most complex, best done show on television. It is well worth watching, but it is not a show you can half watch. You have to invest to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment