Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Television and I Don't Care



There are many new summer television shows each year. This summer is no exception. I had intended to check out Charlie Sheen's new show Anger Management and even thought that revisiting Southfork with the new Dallas reboot might be interesting.

Howard Stern made America's Got Talent something to check on for a week or two but some of the acts they put through are just so bad it became a farce of itself.

I know that Big Brother has returned and I know people still watch it but I do not know why. HBO has a new series starring Jeff Daniels but we are HBO less this summer and we never invested in True Blood so we are not watching much TV this summer.

My wife loves Ellen and even she has been off for over a month. Perhaps the networks need to just go off the air in the summers, tell people to go outside. Can you imagine if that happened.

Do not get me wrong. I love television. I heard about the return date of The Walking Dead in the fall and was very excited and I know that a great many people are anxiously awaiting the return o Breaking Bad tonight even.

Still for me, I am tan, I have been reading about six books at once, eventually i will finish them then it will not look as if I have taken the summer of from reading too, and I have enjoyed spending time with my wife as she is off in the summers.

We have watched a few Netflix movies, she has watched some cooking shows as she and my daughter enjoy those and soon enough we will be back in the school routine. The networks will then entice us to watch them again but for now it is a nice quiet summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment