Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers/ Mojo

We purchased tickets for Tom Petty's upcoming summer tour a couple of months ago. Today I received a link to download this, the bands new album. Modern technology at work.

Much of the presale publicity has been about this album being much blusier than past albums. In fact Petty himself says much of his past music has been about getting to the chorus.

This album is different. Listening to it just once thus far I would pick First Flash of Freedom, Something Good Coming, Don't Pull Me Over and, US 41 as notable. But the truth is Petty's voice is like an old friend. It is always welcome.

I am sure many of these songs will be in my head through the summer, I do hope however that only a few are at the concert. Too many classics I need to hear as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment