Thursday, June 24, 2010

Toy Story Three

We do not go to the movies often. Yesterday, however, faced with a rainy day my wife, daughter and I went to see the newest Toy Story. My daughter is 11 now but was still excited to see the movie.

It was great. Maybe it is just that the characters are like old friends but Tim Allen and Tom Hanks make Buzz and Woody feel more fleshed out than live action characters we have seen.

An added twist in the movie is when Buzz gets put into Spanish mode and needs subtitles, a funny but intelligent nod to the millions of Hispanic children.

The movie delivers one hundred percent. The end of the movie is bittersweet, and can be emotional for some. It was for my daughter. As the lights came up she was sobbing and said she just could not stop. I loved her more than ever seeing her have such a big heart. It was a moment we will never forget. Thanks Pixar

No comments:

Post a Comment