Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Last Man Standing

I have always liked Tim Allen. So I was looking forward to seeing him return to network television. Watching the first two episodes of this show Tuesday night was like looking into a time machine.

This show is not much of a stretch for Tim Allen. Rather than three boys as on Home Improvement he has three girls. Rather than cars he is the marketing manager of an outdoor shop.

He is a man who does not understand today's world. He does not know what Glee is, he things men should change tires and he thinks men should hunt.

I know plenty of people who feel this way. I am sure criticism will be leveled at this show as being nothing different. It is not. So what. Allen is likable, his cast is solid and the points he makes in his humor are certainly felt by a good amount of men in America.

If ABC promotes this show and feeds it to it's audience it will be a hit. It is a show that will play well in the broad expanses of the country. My house is included in that list.

I am glad to have Tim Allen back.

No comments:

Post a Comment