Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Television Cancellations

I try to view as many new shows as I can. Those that I do view are those which I have at least some idea that I might like to add to our viewing lineup. Still a show that one enjoys at the beginning and one that is kept as a weekly commitment are often two different things and one certainly does not equal another.

I read an article about what shows have we as viewers cancelled recently. Not shows that were physically cancelled but that we as viewers hvae stopped watching.

For me a few come to mind. We have dropped Survivor. Same old, same old. My wife still watches Desperate Housewives. I do not. I have no desire to see anymore Dexter, it is the same old thing.

Yesterday I cancelled American Horror Story. Too dark, too weird.

What do we watch. Not much. Must see's each week are How I Met Your Mother, Last Man Standing, Parenthood, X Factor, The Middle, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy and Saturday Night Live. From Cable The Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels are on that list as well.

We also watch often but not always 60 Minutes and Brian Williams. That is ten hours a week. Of course much of that is on TIVO and shows like SNL and X Factor can be cut in half.

Add to that Jon Stewart, David Letterman and Jimmy Fallon and there are plenty of good shows to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment