Thursday, April 12, 2012

Someone That I Used To Know by Gotye



About six weeks ago my son insisted that I listen to a song on Spotify by a group called Fun. In doing so I noticed that the number one track on Spotify overall was this song by a band called Gotye.

I think this song wins. I do not know anything about this band, I think I may have heard Australia as a home country but I have not confirmed.

This song is haunting. The singer on the high notes has a definite Sting quality to his voice. This is never a bad thing. Music is so fragmented these days, any song that is not rap that makes it into the consciousness of teenagers is rare and must have a broad based appeal.

This song is catchy and well done. Surely one of the best new songs I have heard recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment