Thursday, April 19, 2012

You Can't Go Home Again by Thomas Wolfe



Thomas Wolfe is considered one of the great American authors of the twentieth century. As I continue to find my way through this canon of literature I find that there are many more hits than misses. I also am sure that some of the books that I have passed over and not considered good were simply books that I took up at the wrong time.

Still when I ventured into Thomas Wolfe's You Can't Go Home Again I expected it to be what it has been told to be. It was very disappointing, it was just not a story that compelled me to invest. If I had more knowledge of comparative literature I might be able to know before reading that perhaps Wolfe was not in my genre, such as Hemingway, Mailer, etc are.

In any event this book was a strong disappointment. Thomas Wolfe is not an avenue I plan to go down again.

The good news is that one will never catch up with all they want to read. I am sure these are great books. Just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment