Monday, May 3, 2010

Free Books on Kindle

My wife bought me a Kindle for Valentine's Day. With my disability I have trouble holding things and certainly a heavy book gets to be a task. However in the interest of financial conservatism we returned it. I am about 10 books behind, I like to get books at the library ( free ) and I " like books" That said I do understand the appeal of having a Kindle.

Currently I am reading three books, The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, The Great Upheaval, And David McCullough's Truman biography. All will be noted here upon completion. To have all of those on a kindle with my place held digitally would be a wonderful thing.

However recently Amazon has made the Kindle available for Apple users as well as PC users. Once an download the kindle device onto their computers and read books on their computer screens. One can still adjust the font etc. Accompany this with the fact that many classics such as the aforementioned Odyssey and my next selection Moby Dick are available free on Kindle and you have a very happy frugal book reader.

There are enough classic books I have never read that I could keep very busy reading free books on my Apple kindle.

It took me 3 weeks to read The Odyssey. In addition to all my regular reading if I can read 12 to 18 classics this year by spending 15 minutes a day on the Apple kindle that will be time well spent both economically and educationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment