Monday, March 5, 2012

Davy Jones Dies

Davy Jones died last week. It was one of those pieces of news that makes you feel old. One cannot help when they hear of the death of a person who has a spot in their memory from years past. I can easily remember The Monkees show on television. Not the endless reruns but from a time frame in which I was so young that I do not know how old I was.

I remember the theme song and the intro sequence with them all running around. I want to think it was on Saturday mornings but am not sure.

When the Monkees started they were a created band. They did not play instruments. But they could sing. Some of their songs have aged very well. Pleasant Valley Sunday, Last Train to Clarksville and the like are still songs I like to hear. Davy Jones was very talented.

Those of my age group all remember when Davy appeared on The Brady Bunch as Marcia Brady's dream date. I beleive it is true that David Bowie, whose real name was David Jones had to change his name as it had been appropriated.

Davy Jones was 66. He had a massive heart attack. He lived a good life. He died too young. We are all mortal. Even Monkees.

No comments:

Post a Comment