Monday, March 26, 2012

Let There Be Rock by The Drive By Truckers

I have to admit it. I cannot get enough of this band. They are awesome. This song off the amazing double album Southern Rock Opera continues the bands obsession with the ghosts of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Telling us about how he had tickets for a show on the Survivors tour, the tour that did not finish due to the plane crash and then taking us on a tour of shows he did see such as Ozzy Osbourne and Bon Scott and AC/DC Patterson Hood and the boys tell us a great story and a great song.

My guess is that the Drive By's are an acquired taste. That is you love them or you just do not get it. I get it. You should try to as well. Talent and trueness to one's vision of what kind of music you want to make should be rewarded.

I hear the songs of this band and when my daughter gets in the vehicle I tell her she cannot switch the channel right now. She sighs and rolls her eyes but then looks at the readout on the screem, if she sees Drive By Truckers she knows it is no use argeuing. The Disney Radio channel will have to wait.

This is a great band.

No comments:

Post a Comment