Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Marvin Gaye

This past weekend the sun was out, it was very warm for early March and we decided to do some early spring cleaning. Cleaning up my desk, papers, nightstands and bookcases I put on my favorite Motown playlist and was reminded just how great Marvin Gaye was. Songs flowing out of the speakers at a loud range put my feet to dancing and my voice to shouting like I was at church. From early songs like I'll Be Doggone to the last songs we heard from him before his untimely death like Sexual Healing Marvin Gaye was a master.

His music seems more special, more energetic than at anytime I have ever listened to it. I do not know why that may be but I challenge any of you this. Put on the triple play of " Thats the Way Love is, I Heard it Through the Grapevine and What's Going On and deny what a genius he was.

Another one gone too soon, Marvin was a master. I will be listening again this weekend. Marvin makes even housework something to feel good about.

No comments:

Post a Comment