Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pink Floyd, Animals

So after the disappointment of Kid A I pushed the IPOD wheel up a couple of places to Pink Floyd and am currently listening to Animals. There are times where Pink Floyd easily fits in the Top !0 list of my favorite music. The last six months they have been lodged their consistently. Pink Floyd is one of the polarizing bands in music. There are not too many people who say that the music is " OK" One either loves it, gets it, feels it and one wonders what all the fuss is about.

Listening to Sheep right now on this album i must count myself in the former. I get it , feel it and at times am in awe of the music these people made.

I tell my son what music he has to try, he has started to sift through the Pink Floyd selections focusing mostly on Dark Side of the Moon which is a great place to start, but I have told him there is so much more. I am sure he will find it.

It is music that in todays aural world provides a backdrop that few bands can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment