Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket

This summer we went to see Tom Petty in Mansfield Mass and this band was the opening act. So today Amazon which has a wonderful MP3 program featured the most recent My Morning Jacket album for 2.99.

So I bought this. I enjoyed them live, although I did not know any of the music beforehand. I was aware that they had a devoted fan base and from the crowd that became very evident. But I while liking the melodies, the solos and Jim Jones amazing range on his voice-----I did not know the music.

After today I now do and I am impressed. A couple of the songs are a little out there such as Highly Suspicious but also some of the songs are just intensely wonderful.

Highlights include I'm Amazed, Thank You Too, Smokin from Shootin and Touch Me I'm Going to Scream.

Perhaps an example of how much good music is out there. I have more than I will ever listen to, but it is true. I am glad each day to take joy out of new music. This album fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment