Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Buck Privates

A year or two ago my kids and I on a rainy afternoon watched an Abbott and Costello movie about the jungle. I forget the name. It was funny though and the kids enjoyed it. This morning I came across this movie and decided to watch it.

With Abbott and Costello you know what you are getting and they deliver. I remember growing up when WLBZ TV played The Great Money Movie each afternoon from four to six. At least twice a year Eddie Driscoll ( don't we all miss Eddie ) would feature Abbott and Costello movies and I always enjoyed them and my Dad loved them.

Today I watched Buck Privates. From 1941 Abbott and Costello accidentally get themselves inducted into the service just as America is gearing up for World War Two. As usual the humor is broad and one has to appreciate slapstick. This was silly, physical comedy. Yet it was funny.

The Andrews Sisters appeared in this movie as this movie more than most of the Abbotts certainly had a patriotic flair as the sisters play Army hostesses.

The movie was pleasant. Abbott and Costello is an act you and your kids can enjoy, be they seventy years old some things are always funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment