Monday, November 29, 2010

60 Minutes

A certain person watches 60 Minutes. I find that the longer the show is on the more I watch it which I guess makes sense. It's demographic has always skewed older. My friends and I used to always talk about various stories that we saw on Monday morning.

The fact is the interviewers are wonderful. Not every story appeals. Last nights for example only the story about Justice John Paul Stevens interested me greatly. But it was well done. I find that Scott Pelley often is the interviewer whose stories I enjoy most. Now is that the result of the interviewer or that he often gets the subjects I appreciate I do not know.

Morley Safer still interviews. He was reporting from Vietnam in the sixties, what a career he has had. Andy Rooney still has a minute or two to act like the grumpy old man I picture myself being someday.

The show works. I check what the articles are to be each week. How many shows do we check on each week. This is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment