Monday, November 29, 2010

Due Date

Saturday evening my wife and I planned to go see the movie Love and Other Drugs. This was our first child free weekend in quite some time so I had promised my wife dinner and a movie like a real couple.

So upon looking at the movie listings we had missed the first showing and saw that the second one would not be showing until 10:00.

Ther are limits to our night out however so on a second look found that Due Date was showing at 9:15. So in the end we went to a movie that was more my speed than with all my good intent the other choice.

The movie was funny. It was crude and vulgar in places. A lot of Fbombs, many drug references and some sexual content though perhaps not what one would expect.

But I laughed. Out loud. Zach Galfinakas ( SIC ) is one of those actors such as Will Ferrell that is funny no matter what he is doing and he made this movie much the same.

Robert Downey Jr. who I cannot recall seeing in many movies was quite good playing a Type A person befuddled by Zack.

You will laugh. You will lose brain cells. You will not get smarter. You will however laugh. I did. Out loud

No comments:

Post a Comment