Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Anchorman

I laugh at Will Ferrell. I do not always feel intelligent doing so but I often laugh out loud.

Anchorman is a polarizing movie. It is in our house even. My former co-workers and I all having seen it found it to be one of the movies most used for quotes at the proper time.

These would include " Stay Classy", " I Love Lamp", " It's Science", " Loud Noises". and of course " Don't Pretend your not impressed".

By now most anyone who wants to has seen this movie. My wife says that she cannot even sit thru it, it is so dumb.

Dumb it is but with a humor that is just silly. As it was on TBS the other night we stopped and watched it. My boys who probably would do just as well not to hear so many penis jokes liked it.

The scene when Ron gets " excited" when talking to Christina Applegate's Veronica made my youngest son cry.

For me the memories of various times when my friends and I used the quotes were an added bonus.

So what is this movie. Smart? No but it is witty in places. Intelligent? No. Redeeming in anyway? No.

Funny? Yes and in places laugh out loud funny which for me is a true test.

No comments:

Post a Comment