Monday, November 29, 2010

Glory Daze

This show promoted for weeks during the TBS broadcast of the baseball playoffs began a few weeks ago.

Advertised as telling the story of 4 Indiana teens going to college in 1986 the time capsule element certainly had an attraction for me.

Fraternity life, pot smoking, drinking, dumb professors, pretty girls, all the plotlines we have seen in countless Animal House ripoffs have not changed.

I have laughed at a few moments of this show but there is not one original thing in the first two episodes. Truly I cannot speak to one surprising thing in this show.

Which is not to say I should. Some shows are just clones and are funny based on those merits. This show is funny, to a small point. I am not sure how many episodes I will watch, but at least I will not have to stretch my mind to view one.

No comments:

Post a Comment