Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Side of Bob Dylan by Bob Dylan

I love Bob Dylan. He may well be the greatest lyricist that we have ever heard. I have about 500 of his songs in my collection so have most albums. Somehow this album was one that I did not have. Filling out a purchase from Amazon to qualify for free shipping this album was waiting patiently on my wish list, and ordered it was.

This album is great. Blood on the Tracks and Blonde on Blonde are as the two best Dylan albums but many are close behind. This one would be considered one of that group as well.

All I Really Want to Do, It Ain't Me Babe, and My Back Pages are stellar songs and part of the Dylan canon. Chimes of Freedom joins that list. I Shall Be Free No 10 and Motorpsycho Nitemare are both fun, well written songs that join the Dream Songs of that era in his singsongy story telling phase.

Ballad in Plain D and I Don't Believe You are also great songs. Dylan for me has become part of my speech. I cannot say I Don't Believe you without finishing it with she acts like we never met.

Dylan is a master. This album does nothing to disprove that. I love Bob Dylan.

No comments:

Post a Comment