Monday, March 14, 2011

Everyone Loves Raymond

Funny I almost called this blog What About Raymond as that is what I often refer to it as. Perhaps that goes back to the movie What About Bob which I will have to write about someday when I see it again as that is a GREAT movie.

Everybody Loves Raymond was a very popular hot show on CBS in the late nineties through much of the last decade. Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton led a stellar cast that included the late Peter Boyle as Ray's father.

Something about this show works. Recently I have discovered that on Sunday nights when I have got the kids to bed and my wife is exhausted from her " time off " is sleeping soundly that on TVLAND Raymond is on for 5 episodes. And I watch. Each week. I might well have seen many of the episodes before but do not recall. This show makes me laugh.

My son tells me that I do not laugh out loud much. I chuckle but laughing out loud is not my common theme. This show at times makes me laugh out loud. Last night as I laughed in bed as my son watched ESPN in the living room I was so loud my son came in and asked what I was watching. Clearly I need to laugh out loud more.

Some shows work. Seinfeld makes me laugh as well. They are different shows certainly but in the end they both do the same thing---make me laugh out loud. Perhaps we should set up a scale of laughter for middle aged men who do not laugh enough.

This show would set the bar pretty high.

No comments:

Post a Comment