Monday, August 15, 2011

Cat Power



WOW. Today on Spotify I listened to a variety of songs from Cat Power. I have heard this name before today in various magazines which gave her stellar reviews. Now that I can check out full songs free however the rules have changed. As I wrote before one now has the opportunity to listen to anything and be their own reviewer.

This lady can sing. This lady can wail. This lady is amazing. People talk about Joss Stone being able to cover Janis Joplin but in truth as great as she is Cat Power at times brings Janis to life.

Being a huge fan of covers for me hearing her take on Fortunate Son was a revalation. One of the best covers I have ever heard in any format. Later takes on Satisfaction and Sea of Love offer much as well.

Still albums worth of music to listen to but sometimes you have to comment on the first feeling you get from hearing an artist.

This young woman is a star and any music business that cannot find a market for her talent is failing. An amazing talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment