Sunday, August 21, 2011

Of Thee I Zing by Laura Ingraham



We all make observations on the decline of the American culture. I see things everyday. Baggy pants, hats on backward, piercings and all these things that make me wonder about the next generation.

That said this book does reflect on the cultural decline in America. Some of her observations are dead on such as lack of manners, public cursing and others. However most of the observations are matters of opinion.She tells me for example, wearing my sandals form April to November is unacceptable. Worse yet are the observations that are crass and snobbish. Taking a shot at homeless people and saying they should just have a sign that says need beer.

It is shocking how many conservatives, who usually claim to own Jesus, forget his number one missive to love your neighbor.

I tell my children to be positive, i feel we should have a generous heart. I believe if you cannot say anything good perhaps you should not say anything.

50 pages in and this book is a toss it in te corner. I realize much was meant to be toungue in cheek. Still for me I have no use for the snarkiness in this book. Ingraham makes a point of saying what wuld our founding fathers think of America today. I love history, i read a ton of it and admore our forefathers greatly. One must realize what is best put by a comedian I forget the name of who says Jefferson might tell a kid to pull his pants up but what he would really want to know is why are all the Negroes ruuning around free and loose. In short our culture and society has changed one hundred times since their day.

Read a book about how to learn something, of fix something. These are just cheap, easy obervations designed by people who have an inate need to feel superior.

A terrible book.

No comments:

Post a Comment