Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Men of a Certain Age Cancelled


I am not a television programmer. I like everyone know that there is alot of terrible television shows. The realoty shows whichare cheap to make are too many and so many of our shows appeal to the lowest common denomonator.

This is why the recent news of the cancellation of Men of a Certain Age is so disheartening. I ha e read that there has been quite a bit of. Riticism aimed at TNT for this decision and I understand this. I do not know what the network has to make for ratings to justify a show, it seems however that a network wanting to increase the prestige of its programming and make viewers take it as a viable choice.

My wife and I are finishing up season two and enjoying it very much. The cast of Ray Romano, Andre Braugher, and Scott Bakula is first rate but even more the writing is first rate. You care about these characters. That is why shortly after some Emmy nominations the choice of TNT to pull the plug was a bit surprising. Part of me wanted to not finish watching the episodes in this season. My wife won the debate and she was right.

TNT made a bad choice. It was a great show. Perhaps it is an indication that good television is hard not only to find, but it is harder to put on television. As in most things we get what we ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment