Sunday, February 26, 2012

Big Love Finale

About a year after the rest of the country but my wife and I finished Season 5 of Big Love this weekend. Interestingly, as much as I think I keep up on things, I had not heard about how the show ended. I was glad I did not know.

My wife said this show always made her tense and her blood pressure go up. Indeed it did seem over the last couple of seasons that the show was almost farcical. No family, even one with three wives, could have had as much going on as these people did.

Still the cast was strong. Gennifer Goodwin as Margene was consistently strong and Chloe Sevigny played a role that was never easy, varying between manipulative and sympathetic at the turn of the head.

The ending shocked me. The suspense over the last few episodes was strong. As we have spoken over the last few days my wife and I have agreed the ending was a good one. It fit the show.

This was a well done show, we will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment