Monday, February 6, 2012

The Ellen Degeneres Show

Over the last few years occasionally I have seen clips of this show, highlights if you will, but never seen that many episodes. My wife's Mother loves the show and tapes it. Often she will save a clip for us to see. The little girls singing the Nicki Minaj song have been big clip hits over the last few months.

Since replacing Oprah in the late afternoon time slot in our market we have seen more of the show here and there. I have to say this, there has never been a time that I looked up and watched a segment or a few minutes alone that I have not gained something from it, if only a smile.

Ellen might be the single most likable person in Entertainment. She is kind, funny and generous. It does not appear to be anything less than genuine. I always got in trouble with the women in my life when I criticized Oprah. I was never an Oprah fan, I did not get the same vibe from her.

To me Oprah was doing good things so that she would help others yes but I felt that it was more about look at me what I am doing. With Ellen I get the sense that her efforts are more about the people she helps than what she gets out of providing the help.

I could be wrong. It is easy for a person to look good giving away things to people. Ellen's interviews and sense of fun are strong as well. Today, for example, I watched her interview Jim Parsons and then do what could be called a fun activity.

She is just fun and genuine. I will be the first to admit it I love Ellen. I think she is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment