Monday, February 27, 2012

Kevin Spacey on David Letterman

Last week Kevin Spacey appeared one night as an unannounced guest on David Letterman. I like Spacey but I was not aware of how strong his impressions were. Twice he appeared on stage and did his best Johnny Carson.

Spacey has the voice, did the golf club swing and then we heard Paul and the band go into The Tonight Show theme.

It was very enjoyable. Moments like this make me aware of as much as I love Letterman we all miss Johnny. He was the absolute best. Watching a documentary on Bill Clinton last week we saw a clip of Clinton appearing on Carson after his diasterous 1988 convention speech. Clinton saved his career that night. Carson just did what he always did. He was the perfect host.

Kevin Spacey reminded me of how much we miss Johnny Carson.

No comments:

Post a Comment