Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey

Zane Grey, Louis Lamour these re two of the most proflific and well known authors of the Western. I have read some Westerns such as Lonesome Dove and more recently Cormac McCarthy and foind them to be excellent books.

So I downloaded a Zane Grey book free and have made an attempt. I kept telling myself I liked it, the story made up for the clunky writing. Tonight about one third of the way through I had to make the decision if finding out what happens to Vetters and Lassiter in their battle to help Jane keep her property and not be forced to marry Tull the Mormom leader was more important than the time I was spending reading this book.

Tonight after plowing through about five pages describing the mountains and the sage I decided that it just was not worth it.

I am sure many people like these books. For me they just do not offer much.

Poor. Very poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment