Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Forest Gump

I have watched this movie at least ten times. Of course it being on television practically every week on some cable channel makes that easy to do. I actually remember going to see it the weekend it came out on a sneak preview on a Saturday night only. It was a movie to remember.

It was witty and the practice of the special effects inserting Forest into situation after situation through the sixties and seventies was very new.

I still like the movie. We often quote parts of the movie around the house. " You ain't got no legs Lt. Dan, Get Down Shut up!, Run Forest, I was Running, and others are lines that get a chuckle be it me or my kids who say it.

The soundtrack was wonderful. Perhaps one of the most jarring moments comes when we first see Forest and Bubba in Vietnam and the scenery changes so quickly and we hear John Fogerty and Jimi Hendrix introducing us to this new location.

A great movie then. A great movie now. Underrated in this movie also was Sally Field. She is a great actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment