Monday, January 3, 2011

Sheep Go to Heaven by Cake

A couple of weeks ago in reviewing my sister-in-laws Itunes library I found about 150 songs that I liked. Not many as our tastes are quite dissimilar but my taste is eclectic. Amongst the Shelby Lynne, Ella Fitzgerald, Kristin Chenoworth, Josh Ritter et all that I borrowed I found this song by Cake.

I had heard it before on the college radio station a few times so I was familiar with the song. In fact I have been listening to it and it is catchy.

Yet here I am a person who considers himself one who has read the Bible a few times and the Gospels many times even more but yet I failed to make the connection to the Bible verses Goats or Sheep and now it is even more interesting that this happy little peppy song is clearly a take on this Bible verse.

Bible lessons from Cake. One never knows where the learning will come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment