Friday, January 21, 2011

Skins

This show debuted on MTV this week with much fanfare. A remake of a British show of the same name, even the plots are replicas of the original show the show has stirred controversy with sex, drugs and teenagers.

Some reviewers have called it very realistic and others have called it over the top so I suspect the truth is in the middle. I do not surely think that kids in this area party like that but then again they probably do.

The show itself was interesting, the characters ranged from obnoxious to sweet and I would imagine that most people could pick out a character that they identify with.

I might watch a few more episodes but it is unlikely. I am too old for this show, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about but other than that it is more explicit and more " real" is it any different from whatever has been controversial in other eras. I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment