Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Angel Esmerelda by Dom Delillo

Dom Delillo is considered one of the best novelists of his generation. I have read a couple of his books and was particularly impressed with Underworld. Still, even in reading that I was not overwhelmed thinking this was the voice of a generation.

With the recent release of the above named collection of short stories and with my being a big fan of short fiction I was pleased to get this from the library.

I was sorely disappointed. It was not bad, it was just not interesting. I read five of the stories and here two days later can remember nothing of import. Having learned that with so much out there to read that is good that I must be ruthless I have tossed it aside.

At the same time I am reading Cormac Mccarthy and Sullivan's Pulphead and Delillo suffers in comparison.

So much good to read and Delillo suffers terribly in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment