Thursday, January 19, 2012

Arcade Fire on PBS

I have been familiar with the band Arcade Fire for the last few years. I have not heard much of the music but when listening have found it intersting but tough to appreciate. Still when I saw that they were to appear on Austin City Limits I Tivoed it.

The performance was amazing. The vocals were a bit muddy in the mix and the singer, Win Butler, does not sing in such a way to make his vocals perfectly audible. Even now after watching the show twice I can only say by name a few of the songs. Starting Now, Haiti, Keep the Car Running are three I know.

The show itself was something to behold. A band with so many members the stage was crowded. Band members playing different instruments or in some cases multiple instruments in each song. A girl who is a part time lead singer, a harmonizer, a drummer and player of other various instruments. A dude who looks like he might be Win Butler's brother as I know there are two Butler's in the band who plays the keyboards, drums and in one memorable song the tree. No lie, he runs around stage with a tree beating it on things.

I do not know if the music is sit at home listening music. I do not know if I would really even buy the albums, I do know that if the band ever appeared close enough to go see I would be there in a minute. I have not seen a band perform with that much energy and excitement in a long,long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment