Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Every Day a Friday by Joel Osteen

Reading a Joel Osteen book is like talking to your Mom. He tells you many things that you already know. He places the information in the form of stories that illustrate the point.

Osteen's brand of religion is positive. Some call it prosperity Christianity. I am not sure that I agree with all he says, particularly in regards to God wanting you to have that your heart desires as long as you give him the credit.

That said however I think Osteen's message can be life changing. When you read his advice and talks about how one should act you find yourself filling in the people in your lives. The people that are negative and complain who, in Osteen speak, have lost their joy. Contrasting that with those people who are positive and one knows that we always have a choice.

Osteen talks about how we always have a choice in how we react to a situation. How we can always see something positive. He talks about if you live in a house that is too small that one should be thankful for having a house. If one has a job they do not like they should be happy they have a job.

As I said these are all things we know in our head. Osteen talks about the fact that there will always be somebody richer, stronger and prettier than you. He stresses that we should always be the best we can but that we must run our own race, not someone else's.

It is hard to describe all the times I, in reading this book, nodded my head and agreed with Osteen's writing. This is a great book. I would buy ten copies of this and give one to my friends and family. The best self help book I have ever read.

Sometimes we just need to be reminded of what we already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment