Thursday, January 19, 2012

There Will Be Blood

This 2007 movie by Paul Anderson was rated by many sources to be the greatest movie of the first decade of this century. Starring Daniel Day Lewis as an oilman at the turn of the last century, and in particular his dealings with a community who he is attempting to gain the oil rights in the movie is ambitious.

Lewis himself won the Oscar for Best Actor. Still, surprising to me, this was not a movie that grabbed me. It was not a movie that I even finished. I had a very hard time understanding the dialogue. Lewis used an accent that to be made all the words hard to understand.

I do believe that this is a movie that I will try again someday. It must be a good movie and perhaps with better concentration or even closed captioning I can follow better. For now I cannot give it a good rating. I do believe Lewis does a a great job in his role, he is the oilman Plainview but the movie itself does not sell to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment