Thursday, May 17, 2012

Could Bill Maher Turn it Down Just a Little



I watch the Bill Maher show each Friday night. I am a fan. I often agree with his libertarian bent of politics and find much of what he says funny. I am quite sure Maher is not going for a mainstream audience. He does need one. A wish I would have though is I wish that at times he would turn down the vulgarity. I am not a prude. I know that cursing and swearing is part of the shtick of comedy.

At times Maher though goes so far off the reservation in his humor to be well....to me..just gross. I find his take on politics and current events to be interesting and funny. I must admit that sometimes however it seems to me he gets off into the weeds and is extremely vulgar for no reason other than he can.

Sex and Gay Rights issues seem to bring this on the most. Perhaps it is part of his in your face approach. I am sure I am in the minority. I still will watch, I just think that as intelligent as he is, to be taken as more than just another comedian he might break away from some of the vulgarity for his show.

Just because it is HBO it does mean you have to be over the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment