Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Howard Stern on America's Get Talent



NBC seems to have a new singing, dancing, and or talent show ready whenever one ends. This week we were witness to the return of America's Got Talent back for the summer. With Howie Mandel and his germophobia, Sharon Osbourne and Piers Morgan the show has had success in it's previous summer runs.

With Piers Morgan off replacing, and badly at that, Larry King the folks at NBC needed a new judge. After much searching they have hired Shock Jock Howard Stern. Howard Stern, divisive as any entertainment personality, with fans and haters in equal proportions was certain to bring some attention to the show.

I must admit that I have always been a bit on the fence with Howard. I never found him that funny but I also thought he was interesting. Watching him on America's Got Talent I find him to be a perfect fit. His sense of humor works on the show, sometimes edgy, sometimes just funny. He is also, unlike the judges on American Idol for example, able to offer criticism.

For me watching Howard the first thing I realized is how much Idol missed Simon Cowell. Howard fits. He makes this show better and more interesting, just as Simon Cowell did American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment