Thursday, May 24, 2012

Morgan Freeman on The Electric Company



Recently I had a friend send me a video from Youtube that made me smile. I suppose most actors and actresses, and for that matter most people of all types, would prefer that some of their early efforts in work, school, and of course fashion not be preserved.

However, if you need a laugh Morgan Freeman's potential chagrin is surely your gain. Evidently in 1970 Freeman appeared as a character called Easy Reader on The Electric Company. A smooth talking, handslapping, stereotypical African American man of the early seventies Freeman could have beeb arrested for too many cliches at one time.

You can find this skit on Youtube easily, the skit I watched featured Rita Moreno with Freeman. Kind of odd to see the current day Voice of God as he started out in the wild seventies on a children's educational program.

Find it and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment