Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Beatles....then, still, and always

I have a CD of Beatles music in the car. It is homemade with some of my favorite selections. I am a music fan. I love Dylan, Springsteen, Zeppelin, U2 and can find plenty of new music to rave about such as The Avett Brothers.

Still, over and over, nothing compares to the Beatles. When one thinks about all the music they made in such a short time. The songs that were leftovers and throwaway cuts to fill their albums were better than anything else you will hear. The Beatles may be the only band that it is impossible to say what your favorite album is.

Yesterday on a drive with to the wife to Panara Bread, love that Cuban Chicken Panini, I heard songs like Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, I'm Only Sleeping, Girl, I've Just Seen a Face and She's Leaving Home. These songs were not hits. They are album cuts. Still they are better than anything you will hear anywhere else. Perhaps it is because we have heard these songs so much but there is nothing better.

We have Beatles books, Beatles Rock Star, Beatles music after the breakup. They are the greatest. They always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment