Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a Fine, Fine Day by Tony Carey

Listening to WBLM the other night I heard this song about two in the morning. It was familiar, I heard it many times back in the day. Still it was a song remembered better than it was enjoyed at the time.

Perhaps it is one of those songs that ages well. Perhaps there is a memory hidden somewhere in my brain associated with that song that I cannot even recall. It could be that the material, being based on reunions, finds the measure of a spot in my soul.

In any case this is a fine song. The deejay told me at two in the morning that Tony Carey was a member of a band called Rainbow before he became a solo singer.

There is so much incredible music, much that we have never heard. More that we have heard and forgotten. It is such an arbitrary process to be successful in the music business.

I do not know much about all of that. I know I like this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment