Friday, November 25, 2011

Regis Philbin Retires

I love Regis. I have written about this before but with his " retirement " it is a subject to visit on again. The question is what is it about Regis that we love for certainly I am not the only person to regret his leaving his show.

He is cranky. It seems everyone has a Regis impression and most of them include him being grumpy. So why do we love him.

I think I like him because he is who I could see myself being. In another life that is. Out to dinner everynight, name dropping on his show but truly one of the more positive people you will meet.

Moreover there is something about the chemistry he had with Kelly Ripa. I saw both shows and perhaps it is my increased age but I found the show to be much better with Kelly than Kathy Lee Gifford. Perhaps because with Kelly it is clearly Regis that is in control of the show.

Regis lives his fans. Regis is a great guest. David Letterman loves to have him on his shown.

Regis is just someone that you would like to talk to. To have dinner with. Can you say a much better thing about an entertainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment