Tuesday, January 12, 2010

American Idol

My wife and daughter love American Idol. They look forward to it like I look forward to Major League Baseball Spring Training. So with anticipation we watched the season premier last evening. Perhaps the format is getting old. Perhaps I am. Maybe it is a combination of both. My response to tonights show was nothing more than a yawn. Simon insulted, Randy kept it real, Kara was Kara, and guest judge Posh Spice looked, well scary. Those who were auditioning were in Simon's words "forgettable."

Perhaps the tryouts, which used to be our favorite, have gotten old and we will enjoy it more when the actual contestants are picked.However, yawn or not to me, I know that spring training is coming and I need to build up viewing credits for baseball season. With that in mind rest assured we will be watching American Idol whenever it is on from here to the end of the season.

I just hope it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment