Monday, January 25, 2010

The Invention of Lying

We watched this movie Saturday evening. I did not have any interest in the movie at the beginning but my wife and her sister were planning to watch it, I, however, had my magazine ready. I am still not sure what I think of the movie, I did, however, watch the movie, the magazine went unread. The story tells of an alternate reality where no one has the ability to lie and what happens when one person figures out how to and its benefits.

The movie had some very funny moments, a quirky love story between a man who can fib and a woman who cannot but lost me with its diversion into a satire of religion. I know that this has a significant appeal and the questions the satire brings about are questions we all have at some times, however for me it was a little squirmy.

Ricky Gervais was better in the movie than I remembered in other roles and Jennifer Garner continues to be a " cute" actress. A host of strong cameos in the movie adds to it as well.

I did not read the magazine that night so the movie held my attention. I am not sure I am glad I did however.

Rating: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment