Friday, January 8, 2010

ESPN Sportsnation

This program which can be seen on ESPN2 at a variety of times but often around 4 PM eastern is quite a hit in our house. Colin Cowherd and Michelle Beadle cohost an hour of surveys, polls and running commentary on the days sports headlines. It is not earth shattering but it works. It seems to have a little less yelling back and forth as the Around the Horn and other shows of that ilk. Beadle is a good match for Colin Cowherd who like many of the folks you see and listen to everyday has grown on me. The show is just fun.

When I see that my 14 year old son has taken the time to TIVO this show I know that it must have an appeal to the younger sports crazed set as well. Or maybe he just likes Michelle Beadle. My guess is that it is a little of both.

A few years ago Colin Cowherd took over the radio slot previously held by Tony Kornheiser. Tony was not for everyone. The fellows at my office though, we loved the Tony show, so consequently we were not enamored of Colin. Over time he has become more familiar but I for one believe he works better on television than radio.

Or maybe it's his sidekick.

No comments:

Post a Comment